Our readers support us. This post may contain affiliate links. We earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
Cowboys have a long, rich history of herding cattle and riding horses. From their boots, hats, and blue jeans, it is always easy to recognize a true cowboy.
If you have the blues, these best cowboy and western jokes are the perfect remedy. From clever to corny, their punchlines will give you a good laugh. They are great for sharing with your friends and family who have a good sense of humor and an appreciation for the wild west.
Funny Cowboy & Western Jokes
1. What do you call a happy cowboy? A jolly rancher.
2. Why do cowboys always ride horses? Because they’re far too heavy to carry!
3. Why did everybody think the cowboy was so funny? Because he was always horsing around.
4. What do you call a frog who has the lifelong dream of being a cowboy? You call him a Hopalong Cassidy!
5. How did the cowboy save so much money? His horse gave him a couple of bucks every day.
6. Where do cowboys cook their beans? On the range.
7. Why did the cowboy want to buy a dachshund? To git along little doggie.
8. Why did the cowboy pinstripe his truck? He needed a pick-up line.
9. What do you call someone who wears cowboy clothes? Ranch dressin’
10. If a cowboy rides into town on Friday and three days later, leaves on Friday, how does he do it? The horse’s name is Friday!
11. What did the cowboy say at his second rodeo? “This ain’t my first rodeo.”
12. Why can’t the bankrupt cowboy complain? He has got no beef.
13. What do cowboys call midnight? High moon.
14. Why did the cowboy take hay to bed? To feed his nightmares.
15. What is the first rule cowboys learn before filling up a canteen? To go upstream from the herd.
16. What do cowboys tell their cows after an argument? “Turn the udder cheek and moooove on!”
17. What does a millennial cowboy say? Yeet-haw!
18. What kind of attire do ghosts of cowboys wear? Booooo-ts!
19. What do you call a dinosaur in a cowboy hat? T-Tex.
20. What’s it called when cowboys eat beans at high noon? A toot-out at the O.K. Corral.
21. Why can’t cowboys ever get the right answer in math class? Because they’re always rounding things up.
22. What do you call a retired old cowboy? De-ranged.
23. Which cowboy is famous for starting fires? Flint Eastwood!
24. Why are so many cowboys also gamblers? Because they always like raising the steaks!
25. What do cowboys make when the sun comes up? Shadows.
26. What’s the time when your cow sits on your cowboy hat? Time to get a new cowboy hat!
Anyone who loves puns will appreciate these clever cowboy and western jokes. These quick-witted comebacks will even rival the best dad jokes.
1. Where do cowboys go to think things over? The ponder-osa.
2. Where do cowboys feed their herd lunch? The calf-eteria.
3. Who wrote the book “Talk Like a Cowboy?” Hal D. Yall.
4. What illness can cowboys catch from riding wild horses? Bronc-itis.
5. I’m making a new cowboy film called The Sun. It’s set in the west!
6. How does a cowboy usually greet an equestrian? “Howdy Neigh-bor”.
7. How do you warm up a frozen cowboy? Yee thaw!
8. What do you call a cowboy who works in finance? The loan arranger.
9. What do you call a cowboy who teaches acting class? A stagecoach.
10. What did the cowboy say to the artist? Draw, partner.
11. How did the cowboy know his cattle were behind him without looking? He herd them.
12. What type of car does a cowboy drive? A cattle-lack.
13. Why do Canadian cowboys have sticky feet? Maple stirrups.
14. Why did the bow-legged cowboy lose his job on the ranch? He couldn’t keep his calves together!
15. How do cowboys keep their cattle calm? Play them relaxing moooosic.
Even cowboys have classic knock-knock jokes. Even the most serious cowboys will horse around with these jokes.
1. Knock, knock! Who is it over there? Howdy. Howdy who? Howey partner.
2. Knock, knock! Who is it over there? Handsome. Handsome who? Would you please Handsome chili over?
3. Knock Knock. Who’s there? Heywood.