Our readers support us. This post may contain affiliate links. We earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
From long days in the saddle to open fields, many people desire to live a cowboy lifestyle. However, the life of a cowboy isn’t always glamorous, but fortunately, many cowboys have a good sense of humor.
These best cowboy and western puns are great to read if you are looking for a good laugh. They are witty, clever, and just downright silly.
Whether you are a cowboy yourself or just enjoy the Old West, you will find these cowboy puns entertaining.
No cowboy is complete without his trusty horse! Saddle up and enjoy these witty cowboy puns.
1. Why do cowboys always ride horses? Because they’re too heavy to carry!
2. After riding wild horses, the cowboy became sick… the doctor told him it was Bronc-itis.
3. The horse stopped with a jerk – and the jerk fell off!
4. The cowboy became rich after riding horses. Every time he rode, his horse gave him a couple of bucks.
5. What does it mean when a cowboy finds a horseshoe? His horse is walking around in socks!
6. Howdy do cowboys greet each other? Howdy neigh-bor!
7. How did the cowboy set fire to his chaps? He was riding on the range!
8. How do cowboys send secret messages? Horse code.
From herding cattle to riding on the open range, the western lifestyle is something that many people envy. These western puns put a whole new twist on cowboy life.
9. If you wear cowboy clothes…Are you ranch dressing?
10. The cowboy had an argument with his cows. Afterward, he told them to turn the udder cheek and moooove on!
11. At the end of the day, the cowboy was really happy. You could say that he was a jolly rancher.
12. The cowboy’s cows were too loud. Because of this, he pressed the moooote button.
13. What did the cowboy say at his second rodeo? This ain’t my first rodeo.
14. The cowboy never got the right answer in math class. It was because he was always rounding up.
15. After the cowboy went broke, he couldn’t complain. This was because he had no beef.
16. The other day a cowboy stopped by our house and asked my Dad if he could help him round up 18 cows. “Sure thing, partner. That’s 20 cows,” says Dad.
17. Why did the cowboy start making lassos? He got roped into it.
18. The cowboy got a new job in finance at the bank. He is now the loan arranger.
19. A lot of conflict in the Wild West could have been avoided if the cowboy city planners had just made their towns big enough for everyone.
20. The cowboy got a Daschund. It was because his friend told him to get “a long little doggy.”
21. The cowboy still has nightmares about the worst job he ever had in a record factory making country music records: Howdy pressing!
22. What do you call a cowboy who teaches acting and singing? A stage coach!
Also read: 45 Best Horse Jokes and Puns
Everyone can appreciate how clever and witty these western puns are. Even the toughest cowboys will get a chuckle out of them.
23. A cowboy walks into a German car showroom and says, “Audi!”
24. Which kind of dinosaur can be found at a rodeo? A bronco-saurus!
25. I’m directing a cowboy film called The Sun. It’s set in the west.
26. A three-legged dog walks into the saloon and announces, “I’m a-lookin’ for the man who shot my paw.”
27. What do you call a dinosaur wearing a cowboy hat and boots? Tyrannosaurus Tex!
28. Two cowboys are stranded in the desert. One cowboy sees a tree covered in bacon in the distance. He gets all excited and runs towards the bacon tree. As he reaches the bacon tree he gets shot to death. It turns out it wasn’t a bacon tree. It was a hambush!
29. At first, the cowboys struggled with their choir, but now they are an OK Chorale.
30. Did you hear about the cowboy who died with his boots on – he didn’t want to stub his toe when he kicked the bucket!
Also read: 45 Best Cowboy & Western Jokes